Chasing Cars

Please look both ways before crossing the street.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Rub a Dub Dub


Yea ok not much of an update right now. Hurricane Ernesto came through and gave us a day of no classes. It also trapped us in our apartment complex, well at least for the lost part. We could get out to go to the store and that was about it. So of course we went because whenever theres a natural disaster people rush to the store to get bread and water like they'll never see it again.




The day began like any other. I woke up, got dressed for the gym and left. Only this time there was no leaving as the front of my apartment complex was under 4-5 feet of lovely sewage water. And yet...there is always the one idiot that feels the need to take a dip in it. He'll probobally get a deadly virus and die, or maybe he just smelled all day. I'm hoping for the virus. So anyways I turned my jeep around and went back home, grabbed my camera and went back with my roomates to take pics because I've never seen that much water before. I was delighted to see the water had swallowed about 4 cars to their ceilings. That was a sight...every one of them was totaled in the end. I stood out there for like 2 hours just looking at it and talking to people...what is it about floods that make it so interesting that you stand out there for so long looking at thinking something crazy is going to happen. Can't I get a little sea creature attack? Or like snakes chasing the guy that went swimming? No...no luck.

So yea after that it was off to Burger King to clog our arteries cause lets face it, natural disasters mean you're allowed to eat bad food. Then of course the store where we were to purchase our bread and water...except that we are college students so our bread was junk food and our water was beer. I now have to dig past the beer to get to any other beverage in my fridge....yea, we still have that much left.

Now I have to figure out how to load my camera and go take pics for my photography class. Hopefully I don't fuck that up.

1 Comments:

Blogger KTP said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home